a little thing called yarnbox

by brenda on February 20, 2014

phydeaux caresse worsted weight in midnight phydeaux’s caresse worsted in midnight

When I took my two big boxes of yarn samples to the TNNA summer show last year, I met Mike from Yarnbox.

I’d heard a little bit about Yarnbox, but was always a little suspicious of these subscription sort of business models.  I was intrigued, then challenged (by the sheer volume of yarn that would be needed), and knew I wanted to be a part of this.

And so.  Phydeaux’s Caresse Worsted Weight is part of February’s Yarnbox shipment (one of two independent hand dyers).  We (my dad, myself, and several brave souls – including Amanda, Rijel and Stephanie – who were both invaluable and wonderful in their skeining assistance) dyed, dried, skeined and labelled … 1,700 skeins of yarn this Autumn and Winter.

1,700.

That’s kind of a lot.  But it changed Phydeaux – in a good way – irrevocably.

New process and systems increased dyeing capacity up to 200 a day.  We can now dry nearly 200 skeins at a time.  These are significant increases for us, successfully put to the test in less than a week of preparation Stitches West.

Yarnbox subscribers have, or are about to, receive their packages.  If your package included Phydeaux, I really hope you love your yarn.  We loved dyeing, drying, skeining and labelling it for you.

Join the free mailing list for 20% off your next online order: click here to join!

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Brandy February 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM

I just received my Yarnbox today and got your yarn, in Calypso. I’m dearly in love with this yarn and super excited to use it in a project.

Tammy February 21, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Speaking as a Yarnbox-er, everyone seems to be loving the Phydeaux yarns! I haven’t received my Yarnbox yet, but was so excited by the preview pictures, I’ve already bought three skeins from you directly ^.^

Stephanie February 22, 2014 at 5:55 AM

I got my Yarnbox yesterday too and am thrilled to get to try your yarn! I had never heard of Phydeaux designs before this, so I’m glad you decided to work with Yarnbox. Caresse is a lovely blend of fibers–l especially love that it’s got a bit of cashmere in it! I also love the Calypso colorway and can hardly wait to start knitting with it. Kudos!

Susan February 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I promised myself that after the holidays I’d try your yarns. I just love the colors! So you can imagine just how thrilled I was when I received my Yarnbox with Calypso.

Now all I need to do is decide how to use the 400 yards of lusciousness.

Nancy February 22, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I was so in love with the yarnbox surprise that I just cast on right away. LOVE the Caress : in Midnight. I would love to make a cozy soft wonderful garment in this LUX yarn. I better start saving my pennies. This tops my yarnbox clubs so far!!

DeAnne February 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I’m disappointed that I didn’t subscribe sooner. My first Yarnbox will arrive in March. I’m thinking that I’ll need to place an order directly so I can experience the lovely yarn!

Angelia February 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I got my Yarnboz Saturday. I love the feel of this yarn – soft, but solid, strong. I think mine will become a cowel. The colorway I got is Stormy. I love it!

Brenda February 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Yay! I’m so glad that you’re all excited – thank you! :)

Shawn February 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I am a yarnbox-er, boc-ite? Either way, I absolutely love the yarn!
Feels wonderful and the color…oh my. Congrats on the growth of your company, I look forward to many years of you being here

Lori Schultz March 2, 2014 at 6:57 AM

I too am a Yarnbox member, I recieved the Phydeaux yarn this month and it is AMAZING!!! The Bad/good news (good for me bad for my husband, lol) is I HAVE to have more!!! Thanks for the great yarns!!!

ggmadeit March 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I have been a fan or your patterns for quite some time, so imagine my delight when I just read that I will now get to experience your yarn!! #winning

ggmadeit March 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I didn’t open it yet because I usually do a video review..so now I am anxious to get er done!!!

YarnboxMichael March 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Thank you for being a part of Yarnbox! Our subscribers are raving about your yarn, and the few skeins we had left in back stock sold out in record time, under 30 minutes!! I urge anyone who wasn’t lucky enough to work with Phydeaux yarns to try them. Brenda truly does remarkable work. Thanks again!!!