Things are slowly returning to normal around here

settling in

Moving was much, much harder than I’d anticipated, but we’re slowly returning to our new “normal.”

The girls have all new windows for sunbathing and keeping watch over the neighborhood.

I’ve become accustomed to small town living so quickly it’s almost scary (I now dread those crazy city drivers, ha).

I figured out the yarn dyeing and button making and shipping processes already (whew).

Tomorrow, I get wired for TV and internet, so excited!

One day as I was unpacking, breaking down boxes, lugging said boxes to the back yard, I stopped and wondered, “what is that incredible smell???”  And then I realized.

Clean air.

Yep, loving small town, country living.

• Sharon September 6, 2012, 11:07 PM

Isn’t it amazing how refreshing country air is? (Unless there’s a pig farm nearby, of course. Having grown up in the Midwest, I can attest to this.) Glad you’re loving the new place!

• Vicki Potter September 7, 2012, 9:02 AM

It’s great to hear how easy your adjustment has been. I guess it was meant to be!

• brenda September 7, 2012, 11:12 PM

Thanks Sharon and Vicki – no pig farms, Sharon! 😀

• Kepanie September 10, 2012, 2:00 PM

What a great window to bathe on. Lucky kitty.
    Glad your transition has been settling down and you’re having time to breathe in clean air.

• Abby September 18, 2012, 11:35 PM

Hey Brenda! I just moved too!! It was so hard to say goodbye so I feel your pain in your posts. I hope you really do like your new place. Our souls always adapt better then I think they will. I’m in Oregon now. You hit the midwest ey? Well best of luck to you and your awesome biz!

• Erin October 13, 2012, 7:36 PM

Hi Brenda! Just like Abby and yourself, I recently relocated from a highly populated area, (Beantown and the Big Apple) to extremely rural Down East Maine! Moving is always stressful – but what these places lack in people and luxuries, (Grocery stores? Psh!) they make up for in absolute beauty and interesting characters! Good luck!