Can you believe it? It’s already time for Stitches West! Wheee!
Stitches West, in case you don’t know, is an incredible weekend of knitting workshops, classes, demonstrations and … the best knitting market you can imagine.
You will hear angels and see sparkly lights as you enter the market.
You may run into a knitting celeb or three. I’m not super excited about meeting celebrities, but I have to admit I was totally excited to meet Ravelry’s Casey, Jessica and Mary-Heather last year. And it’s always so much fun to see my knitting and yarn dyer and designer friends.
Stitches West is Friday through Sunday, February 24th through 26th. And if you’re a student, you’ll get to go to the market preview on Thursday night. You can preorder your tickets online for a discount. Trust me, DO it. It’s no fun waiting in the long long lines for tickets.
So here are five reasons to go to Stitches West this year. Out of a possible eleventy gazillion. 🙂
- The best indie dyed yarn on the West Coast! I mean, there are more than 1,000 booths and I’d wager that the majority are filled with yarn, both familiar brands and brand new to you brands. I can’t wait to see it all!
- Want to see the new Malabrigo or Tosh colorways? This is the right place to see and touch and pet all the new fibers and colors from some of your favorite yarn companies.
- Learn a new skill – take a class!
- Learn how to knit – free classes in all the basics, which is awesome.
- Oh, and … be sure to visit me! Phydeaux Designs will be at Stitches West! I don’t have a booth number yet, but will share it with you as soon as I do.
I’m really excited about participating in Stitches this year. I love the energy, passion and collective obsession for all things fiber. And I can’t wait to see you! You’ll be there, right?