life’s little curves

Real life often gets in the way of the things we “think” important, doesn’t it? IN the end, of course, the only truly important “things” are the ones you love: family, friends, pets.

After all, you aren’t likely to regret not working more hours as you draw your final breath.  But you could regret not spending more time with your loved ones.

My family is definitely in the midst of one of life’s not so little curves right now, with a HUGE reminder of what truly matters.  Last month, my mom started the journey of being diagnosed with cancer.  We’re still in the early journey phase, and don’t really know yet what this means for Mom and for us as a family.  We at least now know what the short term future holds for treatment, but there are more doctors and more tests before starting that phase.

This changes my own life, of course, both short and long term.  I’m reprioritizing shorter term Phydeaux projects, which means delaying big projects like my book, which I’m sure you understand.

In the meantime, expect to see some knitting and crochet patterns for hats soon, since Mom’s going to need super soft and pretty caps and hats.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.  And if you have some knit cap/hat pattern suggestions for Mom, let me know?

• Ann September 17, 2011, 7:49 PM

Blessings to you and your entire family. Holler if I can be of help somehow.
    Ann

• Cat September 18, 2011, 6:18 AM

Hi Bren- Thinking of you and sending you, your family and your mom lots of light white and love…

xo- Cat 🙂

• Vicki Potter September 18, 2011, 9:06 AM

I’ll be thinking of you and your family. Life’s little curves can really suck, can’t they?
    V

• Madika September 18, 2011, 4:41 PM

Brenda, I’m so sorry. You have as many contacts with the medical world as I do, but I am happy to pull anything that you need, or be there in any way that you would like. It’s a tough journey, but you’re right: it does re-prioritize what’s important, almost immediately.

• Kepanie September 18, 2011, 5:07 PM

Sorry to read about your mum. I’ll keep her in my thoughts. Yes, she is first priority so no worries. You do what you gotta do.

• Lynn/UnaOdd September 18, 2011, 5:13 PM

Wow Brenda…. Yeah I know what those curves feel like, and they can be scary and tiring and ughhh. I am SO sorry that your Mom is going through this and that you’ve got this to deal with as well. Wishing your Mom, you and your family only the best wishes. (((HUGS!!!)))

If you ever want to talk, or vent, or well, whatever – I am here. Just drop me a line. It can be a tough time and I hope you know I’ll be keeping your Mom in my prayers.

XO!
    Lynn

• heather dyan September 19, 2011, 2:55 PM

brenda,

just wanted to let you know that i’m keeping you & your family in my thoughts. life is indeed full of curves. keep your focus on the things that really matter.

hugs to you,
    heather

• Sharon Hanson September 19, 2011, 9:29 PM

Oh, dear Brenda, I know first hand this year about family curves and how when they happen you just re-prioritize everything. I’ll be thinking of you and your mom and with the most positive thoughts.

• Heather September 21, 2011, 1:23 PM

Dear Brenda,
    This is terrible news. I am so deeply sorry to hear of yet another family goimg through the effects of this terrible disease. Far too many people are suffering at the hands of cancer.
    Love to you!
    Heather

• Brenda September 21, 2011, 10:58 PM

Friends, I am very blessed to have each of you in my life. Thank you so much for your love and support!

• Elena September 24, 2011, 1:44 PM

Just reading this now. So sorry, Brenda! Will be thinking of you and your Mom and wishing her well. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

• Summer September 24, 2011, 2:43 PM

Oh Brenda…I’m thinking of you.